Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time to Re-evaluate

I've been reading the stories on my Kindle about Libya and the crisis in the Middle East.  It's confusing and sad, and as a nation, I'm pretty sure that we have no idea what we're doing over there.  We're stretching ourselves and our resources thin, if you ask me.  And, by the way, they don't want us over there anyways, right?

It's complicated.  The rebels we think we should help may be a part of Al Qaeda.  Isn't that comforting?  America is very disillusioned, and her public tosses opinions back and forth in a game of political tennis, but no one really wins.  Where are we going?  What do we believe?

It is obvious that as a whole, we don't know.  Heck, I don't even know anymore.  There's always a new war and even more debt to be acquired.  This world is a turbulent place, and the vast amounts of information at our finger tips should make it easy.  But, as I waded through the New York Times today, I found it difficult to really pick a side.  I don't know what I believe anymore.  Everything seems to be grey.

I think it's time to go back to the basics.  I need to re-establish myself.  I'm ridding myself of the anger and ignorance, maybe a little bit of the selfishness too.  Maybe America should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment